Government College Nawagarh Library is the heart of the institute which aims to provide an ideal ambiance for both the creation & dissemination of knowledge, information, insights & intellect in all its academic programs. The institute has utilized Information Technology extensively to ensure that the resources are accessible any time from anywhere. Our role is to provide access to the information resources required by students, researchers, and faculties of the institute for research, learning, and teaching.
Library General Rules
1. Silence shall be observed strictly in the Library. Readers should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other users in any way.
2. Use of cell phones inside the library is strictly prohibited.
3. While entering the library except for laptops, readers are not allowed to carry their personal belongings(bags, brief-cases, parcels, etc.) and eatable items (biscuits, cookies, fruits, chocolates, cold drinks, tea/coffee, etc.). Belongings should be kept in the baggage rack at the entrance of the library.
4. Always carry your Identity Card when you visit the library, failing so will forbid your entry to the library. Outsider Visitor has to keep anyone original photo – id proof with him/her. A visitor has to carry anyone of original photo ID proof with him/her.
5. All library visitors including students and staff have to sign in the footfall register. Visitors are advised not to sleep, smoke, or spit in the library. Obey the rules and discipline must be maintained in the Library. Indiscipline may lead to disciplinary action and the library privileges may be withdrawn.
6. The Administration reserves the right to suspend the membership privilege of any member on account of misbehaving with the library staff.
7. Library is for use, Do maximum use of it.
8. Use of Reference books, loose issues of magazines, and newspaper are limited within the library.
9. Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged with the full replacement cost of damaged material which may lead to suspension of library account and be barred from entering the library.
10. Borrower is required to handle books and reading material very carefully. Marking library books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such a case, the last borrower will be held responsible unless he shows the Librarian at the time of issue that the book had been previously marked or damaged. In the event of damage of any kind, the last borrower will be liable to compensate for damage.
11. Books or other materials taken from the stacks should not be re-shelved by the readers. Please leave it on the tables to avoid misfiling. Remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
12. Membership is non-transferable. Members are not allowed to issue books to any other member’s account. If it is found in that case account holder will be responsible.
13. If a member loses a book or reading material, he/she has to replace the latest edition of a book. In such case the book cannot be replaced, Twice the amount of the current price of the book will be charged. In the case of foreign publications, the present conversion rates to rupees will be entertained.
14. Member of the library, if going on long-duration leave (more than 7 days) he/she must have returned library material before going.
15. The “No Dues Certificate” will be issued to member-only after he/ she has returned all the Library material or library dues.